Precious in God's Sight

I was kindly reminded by one of the wonderful ladies over at At The Well that I hadn't yet posted concerning the "God...who are You & what can You do for me?"

This week was session 2. It was great. The discussion questions are:

1. What does it mean to you to know that you are precious in God's sight?
2. Can you think of a time in your life when you've experienced, firsthand, the LORD's faithfulness?

My thoughts:

Precious in God's Sight


I can honestly say I haven't thought about this question much in regard to myself. I often think of this in regards to my children. That God sees them as precious the way that I do, only magnified.

Precious to me has a sense of innocence about it and I know my heart too well to believe that I am innocent! Ha, the foolery of it all thinking I would be innocent. But, in God's eyes, through Christ's blood I am. I need to remember that on a daily basis. I need to re-define myself as God's precious daughter the same way I would describe my own daughter who in my eyes is TRULY precious.
If I could re-define myself accurately, find my whole position in this world in Him, it would change my outlook on my life at all points, even those I'd like to keep to myself!

It blesses my socks off to think that even through my sinful heart, God still finds me precious. He can no longer see my sin, the bridge between His heart and mine has been repaired, and loves me with such depth that I desire nothing more than to live up to his expectations of me, His desires for me, His path for me.

The Lord's Faithfulness

This one is much easier for me to answer.  God's faithfulness is the amazing, striking point of my life thus far.
I grew up in church but did not come from a home where two parents knew Jesus.  I went to a great little private school in Phoenix, AZ that my parent's had to sacrafice to provide even though I did not have two believing parents.  Jesus drew me to a Christian University my first year of college, even though it was so expensive and farther away from home, and He provided the funds to achieve it.  For the rest of my college experience God continued to keep me close to Him in the greatest of opportunities to fall away, liberal america!  The list of circumstances that God either delivered me into or out of could go on for a long time.  He has been holding my hand or carrying me every step of the way, all the way into the core of His heart, which has only recently truly become my heart's desire.  I've always loved Him, known Him, known about Him, tried to Follow Him, obey Him, but NOW, I live for Him.

 


Photobucket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment