The Greatest Valentine

Today our Pastor led a lesson on the Last Supper.  Being a Christian since I was small I've been participating in the Sacrament for many years.  I've always revered it as a very special time to reconnect with Jesus and His death on the Cross.  Taking time during the sacrament to thank Jesus for his sacrifice and love and to draw nearer to Him while publicly acknowledging his Body and his Blood.

Today I have been enlightened to even more concerning Gods great Love for us and what the Last Supper was truly saying.  It was a reminder of how deep Gods word is in what often seems to be only a few lines.

The Sacrament Symbolizes:
 1.  The Death of Christ     
We proclaim publicly that we receive the Death of Christ which was poured out for us as into the cup
 2. The Magnitude of His Death  
Before Christ they commemorated the Exodus and their release from Bondage  Christ is the sacrafice, we commemorate His Bondage in our Place
 3. The Ugliness of Sin and Judgment
In the OT they sacraficed the lamb and placed blood on the posts and mantel of the doorway (making the   cross symbol) and ate lamb for the passover dinner.Jesus is the LAMB present at the last Supper, His blood on the cross
4. We receive His Benefits
 God Loves Me, God Understands my Pain, God Will Meet my  Needs
5. Spiritual Nourishment
We Reflect, Meditate, Metabolize and Sense Gods Love
6. Unity of Believers
7. Covenant Love-A blood Oath of His faithfulness to Us
 OT God and Abraham made a blood oath in Gen. 15
 NT Jesus is the Covenant
 He died for our part of the convenant (our failure) not His own
8. My Faith in Jesus Christ
 It is not about our Faith, it is flawed, it is about the object of our Faith, He is perfect.
9. Foretaste of Future Bliss in Heaven
10. Substitutionary Atonement
Jesus Paid the Price for Us, His blood washed our sins clean


This stirs in me LOVE for Him as I see HIS LOVE for me (us).  Let God be your VALENTINE

http://www.free-images.org.uk/hearts/romantic-heart.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I will let Him be my hearts desire! :)

    Hope you had a great Vday! :)

    got your link added on my links page as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is my FOREVER valentine!!!

    wanted to stop by and let you know that we missed you yesterday over At the Well for week 2 of the "God...who are You & what can You do for me?" study- praying all is well and hoping you are able to continue on with us as we come to know God more

    blessings to you!!!
    jenifer

    ReplyDelete