One Thousand Gifts

This week started with such blessing.  My husbands parents are here for a brief visit which allows for each of his brothers and their families to get together to visit, which allows the cousins to also play and have some fun together.  Today my dearest friend bore her 5th, precious son into the world in the early morning hours.  In the stillness I was able to be with her and encourage her with prayers while she labored to bring her son into the world.  (I did have to return to my own children before she was able to give birth, but feel blessed to have been with her during the labor pains.)  It reminded me how wonderful and awesome our God is.  From a simple act of love between my friend and her husband this child gained life and that life was nourished by her life until God's chosen day of his birth.  What an awesome miracle.


One Thousand Gifts
51. Newborn Baby Smell
52. Salvation through Childbearing
53. Motherhood
54. Raising boys
55. Raising a sweet daughter
56. The miracle of creating a Life
57. The responsibilty of turning that life towards God
58. Covering that life in prayer
59. Tiny hands
60. Skin to Skin


 
Our daughter 3 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment