God Who Are You and what can You do for Me?

How comforting is it to you to know that God is with you, through the good and the bad, always protecting you and always loving you?

My husband and I have only been married for 5 years and in that time we have had 4 beautiful, wonderful children.  Before marriage my life was mostly predictable.  I was attending college, dating a Christian young man that would become my fiance' for a short time, and on occassion visiting my family.  I was never too far away from home.  I took care of myself, for the most part, but always had the assurance that my parents would help me if I ever needed it.  Life was cozy in a sense.  I knew God was with me but didn't tap into that as much as I would say I do now. 

Now, as a mother of 4, a wife, a homemaker, and a woman truly finding her own along this journey with Christ I have been overwhelmed by the presence of God in my life and in our life.  The beginning of God's "real" presence in my life began when my engagement started to crumble.  There was no reason for why I shouldn't marry this man yet so many reasons for why I felt God calling me away from him.  After obeying God at that point in my life the path closer to God really began.  I began to hear Him whisper to me, even when things were the loudest.  I felt His hand guiding my path even when it didn't make sense. 

After 5 years now of seeing God's provision, placement, calling, and desire for our lives I can say without hesitation that we will follow Him to the end (hopefully with not too many questions along the way, we are still human!).  He has shown himself to me enough times now that I cannot deny His powerful presence!

My prayer is that those around me, the ones we love that do not love Him, would begin to feel, see, taste, and know that He is GOOD!


One Thousand Gifts, Taking the Challenge, Chelsea Martin, A Woman Found, God's love

4 comments:

  1. It is truly good to know God is present in our life!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea,

    Aren't you so thankful that God's plans for our lives our so much better than our own!?! His presence in our lives is UNDENIABLE!!!

    Praying for you this week as you continue to seek after God.

    ((HUGS))

    By His Grace,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing!! Looking forward to getting to know you better during this study!!

    ReplyDelete