Thursday Favorites



We've managed to make a wonderful week out of a potentially difficult week. My husband has been gone, working out of town since Tuesday, and I generally expect it to be a little challenging.  The kids tend to get a little more fussy when he is away.  Oh to be loved and adored like the dad!!!  But, this week has been great.  We have spent some wonderful time together me and the kids with some friends and my parents.  Today we went to Enchanted Island and rode some carnival rides, ate a picnic lunch, and played on the playground.  I'm pooped!  With all my children now napping the house is still and quiet and I have some time to reflect on the week and days events.

Mom Time
1. Sweet smiles as we participate in something FUN
2. Finding adventures to go on even in our own backyard
3. Quiet prayers at night (usually my husband prays with them)
4. Cuddling in my bed with my oldest
5. Wonderful Springish weather as we gather at the park with friends
6. Catching food on the Go because I didn't quite get lunch prepared
7. Stopping for a treat on the way home from the YMCA
8. Precious brother hugs and girlie kisses when they LOVE each other
9. Building masterpieces with Blocks and preparing for battle
10. A late night movie with the little people I love

Am I allowed to say a few things I do not favorite while my husband is away:
1. I lose my patience faster because I get a little tired
2. I worry at night when the house is dark and I should be lifting it to the Lord instead of holding it in my heart
3. Feeling a little chaotic when we try to get out the door, why do timeouts happen the most at this time sometimes?
4. Missing an adult to talk to, my best friend, about even the littlest things!

We love our daddy so much and couldn't imagine another day without him.  But even in these solo days I want to find the things I love the most! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment