God Who Are You and what can You do for Me?

Discussion Questions:


PhotobucketHow have you dealt with your “wounds” up until now?
Have these “wounds” become a part of who you are?
Do you desperately want to get rid of them?


1.What's funny is the first thing that came to mind when I read the study guide and then the discussion question are the wounds I've inflicted upon myself.  Of course they've always involved others but I tend to "regret" my own actions and self inflicted pains the most.  I suppose that is because the are things God reveals to us as we mature and grow.  They become stepping stones towards a better life with Christ. But, how easily satan uses them to discourage us and develop roots of self pitty, regret, unforgiveness, etc.  I tend to think about these things too often or when I do think about them I still have emotional feelings about them.

I also realize that apart from my own personal wounds, the ones people do to me, tend to make me feel like I've done something wrong.  I would describe myself as someone who is quick to forgive in most cases or I will part ways from a hurtful party if I think it will continue.  Usually if I can't resolve the situation through proper forgiveness or parting ways I will get angry with them in my heart.  This brings out in me a very cynical side!

2. I would like to say no, but I'm sure in some ways the wounds have become part of who I am.  Either I'm better from them, growing and maturing through them, learning to forgive and model Christ's love.  Or, I've developed a method of avoidance!

3. Of course.  I'd love to forget them all but I know this isn't even possible.  I do know I can hang them on the Cross and only allow them to be something positive in my life.  I'm working on that one...

Overall I truly love my life and I can honestly say there aren't many wounds to really even speak of.  God has protected me a lot in my life and I've been sheltered from a lot of pains I think others experience.  Haven't we all considering we live in America!  To some my "wounds" would seem silly and irrelevant.  I want to keep a pure perspective about the wounds in my life and not let my mind ponder on them too often.  As I said, I brought most of them upon myself! :) 
All of my wounds become His wounds and that I want to consider daily.


http://www.jesuswordsofwisdom.com/christ%20wounds.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelsea!! So glad to have you join us this week as we look into who God is as our Healer. I have been praying for you all week and have purposefully waited until now to visit with everyone. I wanted to give each of you time to sit at Jehovah Rapha's feet and allow Him to apply His healing ointment to your life.

    Continuing to pray for you!!

    Much love,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete