Preparing for Easter

As I've been reading and encouraged by so many women as they scribe about their Easter traditions and family longings to know Christ more, I've asked myself over and over how can I achieve making Easter more significant and important than even Christmas. Christmas is a marked holiday of cheer and celebration in which I feel my husband and I have done well to point towards Jesus' birth, in the glowing and overwhelming pressure to make it about ourselves.
http://oursaviourchurch.org/uploads/2008/03/Donut_Diva_446652687_313f784715_o.jpg

Easter I have been contemplating, meditating, challenged, and defeated. My children are small, no older than 4 and still struggling to conceptualize Jesus' death. I believe to their ability they do know what it means. They tell me often that they know He died for them, that they love Him for it, and long to be with Him in heaven. It has meaning to them which I can only give gracious gratitude to the Lord for that because it it not my part that has instilled in them a LOVE so deep for the savior. I often feel Satan telling me I do not tell them enough about our Savior, speak of Him often enough, bring enough back to Him when the moments are thick with frustration and noise.

Today I was challenged by Ann to read more often the Word of our Lord to them and my husband was wise long ago to buy them a childrens bible in which they Love. We save those stories for bedtime most often but why? Those stories are far better than any others I could bare to them. So today, unexpectedly I open God's word and shared with them excitedly a new story. Right in line with their God given grain, those boy boys, was Samson and his mighty strength. Part way through the reading my littlest and only daughter (13 mos) began crying loudly and clamoring to be on my lap. I felt Satan telling me once again it was not worth the trouble. It was so distracting. This is only one small example of the times I feel my efforts to draw my children close to Him are interrupted or go without impression on their hearts.




I've decided this year, even with being out of town for Easter, much to my shagrin (I like to be home for holidays making it easier to focus) that this year we will do Resurrection Rolls, Passover Meal and model for our children Communion as I ordered Passover items from Day Spring.



I love to draw my children nearer to Him and feel as though it would be easier to do if they were only a little older. But I don't want them to grow up, I like them little and I want it not to go faster than it already does. Lord help me to know what Path to take that they would seek you, meditate upon you and LOVE you more!

That even I would be a better reflection of your Love, Grace, Hope, Mercy and undying, unconditional Sacrifice.




holy experience

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Chelsea. I can definitely relate to all that you're saying about feeling like I don't bring up Jesus name and bring Him into more situations throughout our days. And feeling down about that. But you're right, that is totally Satan! And how amazing that you bought Passover items from Day Spring, I think I'll look into that! We were involved in an awesome small group last year, and we did a Passover Sader (not sure of the spelling of that) together and got to bring our kids. It was incredible. We all brought kosher dishes to share, and did a traditional passover thing- it was so cool. You're right, it's easy to make Christmas all about Jesus birth- maybe because the stores and everyone is talking about and preparing for Christmas so early, it gets us thinking about it early too? I don't know. I'd like to make Easter a huge holiday in our home too, and to create traditions that we can do for years to come. It's so neat- I feel like you and I are so on the same page about so many things! Love ya,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete