God Who Are You and what can You do for Me?

This is for Session 4 which I missed by a long shot this week due to preparations for a big event I'm planning this weekend.  But, I did finally get to the session and would love to answer the discussion question!

Who is master of your life? Who are you allowing to rule over you? Your job? Baggage from the past? Unforgiveness? Hatred? Anger? Unhappiness? Your children?

1. I want to say Jesus Christ is the master of my life but I also know that often times my children, my husband, my at home work take precedence over Christ as my master.  They become small idols that I define myself by even when I know not to.  Our pastor talks a lot about idolatry b/c it is the thing we do most often when we replace Christ with something else in our life.  We begin to define our value by what those things say rather than what Jesus says about us and did for us.

2. My children often rule over me.  Not in the sense that they are disobedient or defiant but that I spend so much of who I am with them, about them, for them, etc.  I know all mommies get that!  I pour myself into them and raising them and often not even as much as I would like to or as much as I think I should.  I hear the devil tell me I'm not good enough, I'm failing, etc.  Truth is I know that I can handle all things God has given to us and although at times I might fall short, I'm doing my best through Christ who strengthens me.

Perfectionism is my other Lord and although I have made much progress I know I have a long way to go with this.  It is the perfect opportunity for the Devil to tell me I'm not good enough.  I hope to someday make this weakness a strength! :)


Titus 2 At the Well

1 comment:

  1. Perfectionism...oh how I struggle with that. Never thought of it "lording" over me, but you are so right, it truly can do just that. Thanks for helping me to see an area I need to pay more attention and give over the God.

    Praying for you. Hope your big event went well this weekend. :o)

    Much love,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete