Colossians in a Year

Sneaking into my life is Satan's distraction.  I've made a commitment, set my feet to walk a path, to place the Word into my heart.  Following the footsteps of victorious women, I place the inspired words upon my desk. They've been locked into a journal, cut and pasted with care, allowing me to turn the pages each week and meditate upon God's word.  But, silently in the same way he lingers about our homes, our hearts, our children, the evil one waits for me to become consumed with the days events. He laughs mockingly to himself at my inability to focus, meditate, memorize.

I read. I read, I read, I repeat and I still cannot implant this word into my mind to stay. That it would make a home there, reside there and grow, lengthening the depth of my love, understanding and passion for my Lord.  He, the dark one, waits and takes pleasure while I hurry to feed them lunch, although with love, yet distracted from my true hearts desire.  I move about the house to pick up a doll, a sword, a soiled pair of socks as they ran in the wet grass earlier today and I watched with joy at their innocence.  Yet, distraction lingers.

Somehow, in my new found commitment to stamp the Lords words into my mind and allow them to sink into my heart, melting me and replacing me with Him, I MUST find a quiet time.  A truly quiet, stilled moment to devote myself to Him and to squash the dark one's pleasure.  That the he, the one who hates, would no longer find pleasure here but be forced to abandon this place.

I struggle with verse 2 and 3, so early on in this journey, finding it to be difficult to memorize what I've always thought were minor details in the WORD.  Yet, here I am attempting to place it into my soul. It cannot be minor, it mus be MAJOR.  I hate to fall behind.  I. hate. it.  I will catch up, I will press on, I will be determined to hold on to my commitment with all my MIGHT and pray for the Lords strength to fight back the distraction and make time, in the quiet, to sink in.

I ponder the idea that dark does not overtake light, light always displaces the dark.  Even in the first day of creation God said, "let there be light" upon the Earth and the darkness was instantly lifted from the face of the deep.  God spoke and set into motion "the greater light" and the "lesser light" and someone once told me these represent God as the Greater Light and the us as the Lesser Light.  We are filled with His light.  In this light, His light, shining through us, we dispell the Dark One.  We cast him away just as light dispells the darkness.  I pray or the LIGHT to OVERCOME the dark in both my home and my heart.  That I might defeat the distractions and take hold of the meditation.Add more windows

No comments:

Post a Comment