Meditating on Lent

This was my first time...

A virgin voyage into the unknown...
http://www.harvestchristianfellowship.org/images/uploads/400x300/cross_love_400x300_blog.jpg
The giving up to gain more of Him...

The forming of a new habit through the letting go of another...

It changed me.

I was tempted towards pride but resisted strong...

Pride sneaks in and makes us the victor when it is Christ that is victorious for us...

For I have sinned and fallen short of God's glory...

Tempted to sin even in the moment I am considering my sins death upon the cross...

A reminder of my fallen state, my distance from Him without Christ...

I can do nothing without Him...

Apart from Him all things fail eternally...

Remember...

Remember...

Remember Him even when pink bunnies, chocolate and colorful eggs meet your eyes...

Taking the glory and making it a mockery...

Remember Him...

His walk towards the cross...

Each time I sat at the computer I hesitated, wanting to click to see "my friends"...

Intention was the word of those 46 days...

I see clearly His sacrifice through my small, inadequate one...

It is almost comical that I gave up "friends" in order to see Jesus more clearly...

They cloud my day...

Fog my mind...

Distract me from my true calling...

The littles.

It was good...

Those days....

46 days to the Cross...

46 days to rediscover His Love...

His Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment