Walking the Road to the Cross

 http://www.bestfreechristian.com/gallery2/images/path.jpg

I close my eyes and I try to imagine what those final days were like for Christ as He entered into Jerusalem hailed as a King on a lowly, humble Donkey, knowing deep the wounds that would soon pierce his skin and the nails that would purge sin from the world.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg14/IshyandDishy/jesus_scourgedMed.jpg

I can easily feel the emotions Mary must have felt as her Son, The Son (an experience I couldn't even begin to imagine), the one birthed pink from her womb that night in the stable while she was but a girl, is being led to the Cross scourged and stained with red.

http://www.praise-and-worship.com/images/Jesus-feet.jpg

Breathe...
Breathe...

My throat swells and I swallow hard as I consider her pain, as her pain reflected his pain and oh how we even wince when our little ones fall or scrape a knee and yet her son, The Son, bled freely and poured fourth grace and mercy with each drip that ran His skin.

 http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/48b9193568f4b2317d0a0bf2784db3d9/WAX2004022607-PASSION-OF-CHRIST.jpg

I can taste the dust, hear the hails of hatred poured out towards Him while He carried His cross on broken, bleeding, barely hanging skin.

Look what we are capable of?

The atrocity of it all...us, His dearly beloved, capable of such hate, anger, and evil.  Oh how He must weep...


So it begins today...remembering

I remember

I draw it in

I close my eyes and listen

I remember His sacrifice

I remember His Love

I remember Him

Walking the path towards the cross with Him as Lent begins today...



Lent isn’t about forfeiting as much as it’s about formation. We renounce to be rebornwe let go to become ‘little Christs’. It’s about this: We break away to become.”

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgmIV9vEBNV41TAzZzGOKL4OM3MrDEkgiHZaxsjQ998mS-uNUoKIzYbOp3t0rLBFbU8nOf2d7aS0KRR7T-asaBHSl7Vd8r3-Ktcm2QqHVlcOBjl7Cl-QO8lblvyHvk1dZCStFQenDxKlzdw/s1600/blurry-sky-cross.jpg

Spending the next forty days sinking deep into my depravity and lingering long with His love.

“Worse… at times… I don’t even want to keep the law. Lent’s revealing my depravity, my impotence. The utter death of my flesh. I can do nothing. My Lent convicts: I am a lawbreaker. ” 

"I am one of the disciples grieving – a life grieving His absence, a life grieving the black before the light, a life grieving death that will hungrily seize resurrection. Lent gives me this gift: the deeper I know the pit of my sin, the deeper I’ll drink from the draughts of joy."


1 comment: