Ramblings of my Mind-QUIVERFULL

When Justin and I got married we said we wanted 7 children.  We agreed on that, crazy I know.  We thought it sounded awesome.  Especially not having any children to speak of yet.  Once we had Cole we thought maybe 7 was too many but certainly, at least, 3.  We had talked about God's view of childbearing and the idea that trusting Him with all things includes how many children we have and when.  We didn't want to trust God with the rest of our lives and not with our children. 

You know the story, we then had the twins, which were an amazing blessing.  We were so surprised to have twin boys.  We felt so special and chosen by God to be called with twins.  They were harder work.  There is definately no rest for the weary when raising two little bundles of joy. 

Once the twins had reached almost a year we were deciding what to do, continue or stop.  I felt a tugging to have another but I didn't want to push my husband.  He was leaning towards stopping.  I was patient.  I didn't argue about it, that I can remember, I simply stated my position.  It didn't take long and Justin seemed softened with the idea.  He gave me a window to get pregnant stating that if it was God's will it would happen.  Mother's day 2008 I was prego!!!  Our first Daughter.  God's will indeed.

Here we are now, with 4 beautiful, healthy, wonderful children.  Brynn is approaching a year and the decision is to be made yet again.  I've been seeing, reading, and noticing large families everywhere.  I'm inspired by their families, their devotion to Christ, their faith.  I don't feel frantic about it but I do wonder what will we do.  We've talked about both ways and still no firm decision is made.

I've been doing some reading tonight and I found the Blog, "Raising Arrows".  On her blog she talks about the term QUIVERFULL.  I hadn't heard that term before.  "The term is used to describe any family who leaves their childbearing completely in the Lord's hands. This means no birth control, no sterilization, and no Natural Family Planning; no prevention of any kind."  I instantly feel a tugging in my heart.  I want to trust God's headship in my life, even in fertility.  But, surprisingly, I'm nervous.  I don't get nervous about much.  With a little heart prompting I realize I'm nervous about what others will think.

I don't want to be, but I am.  I don't want to be seen as careless, irresponsible, lacking in wisdom, impatient, overworked, etc.  The list is long.  I want to do what God has called me to do with ease and clear direction.  Then add in that my husband has to be on board.  God has to call him to this same place.

There are some awesome resources out there to read and be challenged by concerning Quiverfull. 

I suppose this decision and conviction still has some working out to be done by us, but until then, I desire to be in prayer about it, seeking God's will in it, and peacfully placing it in His hands.


Nate and Paula Wilson

http://home.att.net/~nathan.wilson/brthcntl.htm

MOMYS

http://www.momys.com/

QuiverFull
http://www.quiverfull.com/

I love this quote from Raising Arrows: The world says children are a burden; something that sucks us dry of precious time and energy. The world tells us we must think of ourselves first and foremost and if we don't, we are likely to lose ourselves in the murky waters of parenthood. The world says motherhood is a pasttime, a hobby, something to be done when we aren't so busy. The world is wrong!

Psalm 127:3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb



is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the


youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be


ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment