60/60 Challenge-Update

Okay so in a previous post I talked a little about the 60/60 challenge.  I put together my cards, which I just happened to blend the 60/60 and the 7x7 challenge to help me stay on track with both.  I put my 7x7 verses on my cards, grabbed a lanyard and loaded in 2-3 cards each day, 7 won't fit!   I just rotate through them during the week.  My watch automatically beeps each hour so it reminds me to pray them.  I often pray them silently while I read them or if I'm with my children I read them aloud.  I don't make a scene about it, I just do it quietly.  I always ask them if I can pray over them, they always say yes! That is awesome.

I will say doing it for 60 days has been challenging.  I feel like I need to start over b/c I've missed so many days in the last month or so.  I know the point isn't perfection so I'm not stressed about it, but I do think I will continue to do it until I can do all 60 days in a row.  Hopefully it will be habit then.

I think my next major challenge it putting more scripture to memory b/c I would like to get to a point where I don't have to have the cards at all anymore, just the beep and a prayer.  That is my goal!  Then once I have my scriptures memorized and I've made a habit of praying over my children and my husband I might move outward to those around me.

I hope you are finding the challenge encouraging as I am and being in a constant state of communication with the Lord to be refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment