The Deceiver and Distractions

He, the deceiver, is good at bringing moments of distraction into our daily lives which tend to linger too long and pause on the way out with a final whispering word as to keep your eyes turned away from what truly matters.

Our lives are busy...maybe not always on the go and often we find ourselves at home, but the moments are moving, often fleeting, always in motion towards the next bridge, path, fork in the road.  We often forget to pause, breathe and take it all in.

God allows the motion to come in and sharpen us, refine our fight and our will in the war.  But, then the deceiver whispers again...distractions...the turning of the head for even just a moment can cause our motion, our natural motion to shift just slightly off course.

We must hear the Father's call to find our course.  We must breathe...find the rhythm of the Master, the motion of the Son.

It's a minor shift off track but is rocks the very center of the motion God allows to come in and sharpen us.

To see the moments, the minutes, the trials, the sharpening as anything less than controlled and held by the Father we would be believing a lie...yet another distraction.

I so often hear myself echoing back after instructing the children or reproaching them for inappropriate actions and I realize...I did not allow the Father to refine me in the moment.  I allowed the moment to distract me from the opportunity...

How can I breathe and let the moments refine me?

Willingly I experience refining after the fact but in the moment I often fail to fight and seek God's will in the war.

I'm regretful for those moments not handled so well, the ones where I overreacted, acted impatiently all while asking them to show patience and grace.  Lord, help them to be blind to my hypocrisy...its unintentional and often repented for as I walk this path as a mother.

I've run out of redo's.  Cole is turning 7 this summer, he'll begin to remember how I react, how I talk, how I make him feel.  Any grace period that exists although most likely just a ghost, has begun to end.

I MUST find the strength to push out the distractions, CALL forth the will to wage the war, to be refined, to take a breathe in all moments and speak only words that matter.

God, bring the refining moments and help me to move with the motion that is filled with you. To find YOU in all things...the chance to show you, serve you, reflect you and most importantly fill myself with you so it will pour out as the natural motion of our lives takes place.

There is no space to allow distraction to settle, although it often comes, when the space is filled with YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment