Nourished Roots

The warriors are laying low, flashes of light flickering across the front room, sleeping bags laid out upon the floor and eyes heavy with a hard days work. Swimming can take a warrior and bring him to a vulnerable pause...boys and their endless energy finds its weakness in a day of swimming and sun.

The quiet begins to settle in here and I have a moment to meditate and think of all the ways the Father has blessed my life, even when the blessings sometimes feel heavy like burdens they are gifts and blessings none-the-less.

The roots of the children slowly spreading into the soil we live on here, increasing their strength and bringing them steadfast memories which draw up character.

The arrows in the quiver are a part of God's plan to hold firm the front line against the enemy.  They are to be grown into men who can withstand the enemy and fight for the honor of their Lord, their Savior.  The arrows have been placed into my quiver, by God, as gifts, always as gifts nothing less, and their path is mine to sow.

Prayers cover them from my heart, exhaustive work and dedicated love to raise them up into men. I cry out to my God for help, and not often enough, as the days mark endless opportunities to fine tune their character and call them unto Him.  Their flesh fights me so...

I hear them giggling, I see their sweet little toes pressed firmly against the wall unit as they watch the flickering images across the screen.  Their unique God given personalities fill our home and engrave memories upon the walls.  They are precious. Full of hugs, kisses, sweet embraces, in need of correction and discipline in order to find the straight path, and me often asking for forgiveness as we tread the path together...

God has placed us here together...

Father lift them towards you, hold them close, right my wrongs and teach them your ways.  Wrestle the flesh that it may subside and your Glory be found. Increase their wisdom.  Sow seeds of faith and carry them when they are weak.  I give them to you just as you gave them to me.


I pray the roots we plant grow deep, nourished by the King.


http://nrsmonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tree_roots.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment