21 Days of Prayer-Day One

Obedience




As we pray for our sons to have obedient hearts today, let’s examine our own, and ask our Savior to help us live out His great love for us so that our sons will see how truly valuable it is.
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” ~John 14:21


Lord, please soften my son's heart and place the desire within him to obey his parents in the Lord, for this is right. Help him to honor his father and mother, that it may go well with him and that he might live long in the land. And help me to embrace a lifestyle of obedience, so that my life might be an example to him.  Give me a new vision for teaching and training my son in obedience. Amen 

Today's Obedience Prayers:
For more of the Obedience Prayers please purchase the Warrior Prayers ebook here.

*Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, may my child (by name) obey the Lord our God...so that it will go well with him (Jeremiah 42:6).

*May my child obey his parents in the Lord, for this is right (Ephesians 6:1).

*May my child obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let my child do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).

*My my child return to the Lord His God, and obey with all his heart and all his soul and all the commands God has given (Deuteronomy 30:2).


 The teaching of obedience provides one of the most glorious opportunities to prove the Gospel message to our sons.  If our boys never learn the importance of obeying and the inability to obey by themselves, how will they ever recognize their need for a Savior?

Ephesians 6 provides great encouragement as to the necessity of Obedience.

Brooke provides a great quote:
"If your man cannot submit to Jesus, he cannot lead you. A man must be willing to be led before he can truly lead." (Tommy Nelson, Love and Romance Conference)

I'm excited, although the path is sometimes rough and Satan seeks to destroy, to hold fast to prayer over my boys and teach them obedience God's way.

 Here are some neat questions to ponder while thinking about Obedience God's way.

Bible Study Questions

See the article on Ephesians 6:1-4 for answers.
    1. Who are children told to obey?

    2. What does obey mean?

    3. How should a child respond to his parents command if he doesn’t feel like obeying his parents?

    4. What makes a child’s obedience so important - “this is right?”

    5. How does ‘honor’ different from ‘obey’?

    6. How old should a person obey and honor his parents? What principles apply here?

    7. What is the promise that is associated with the command here (Ephesians 6:2-3)?

    8. How does obedience relate to having a good life and living long?

    9. What are the three things fathers are told to do in Ephesians 6:4?

    10. What does it mean not to ‘provoke your children to anger?’ How does it happen. Share an incident from your life if possible you provoked or were provoked.

    11. Why might he address the fathers here in Ephesians 6:4 and not the mothers?

    12. What does the word ‘discipline’ mean in Ephesians 6:4? Why does the world reject this aspect of discipline when training?

    13. What kind of instruction is mentioned here? How can parents implement this? Again, share from your experiences.
    Go here for discussion concerning these questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment