Multitude Monday

The fog is lifting in my quest to homeschool my children which before now was somewhat bogged down by the lack of clarity regarding which direction we would go and how it would all work. My oldest being only five turning 6 this summer I know the future holds much change, improvisation, and compromise; kinks we will certainly smooth as we go, I'm sure. Right?

 http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/29/2936/HMARD00Z/posters/young-boy-reading-story-books.jpg

My comfort zone lies in having a plan, a footprint to follow, and something tangible I can put my hands upon. I must often be reminded to the fact that life is not so perfectly drawn upon the canvas. It has curves, edges, texture, contrast and a unique blend of all things beautiful. Although I wouldn't often call them beautiful. But, that is why I am here.
Multitude Monday. To remember the gifts God has given to me. The blessings I cannot always see. The epic change that is our life, both here on Earth and the one we live with Christ. Growth, change, forming, molding, turning, and beginning anew...much like the life as a homeschooler I ought to plan to have.
I'm encouraged to be starting this journey with a dear friend. Someone I cherish, whose love for her children seems to sometimes pales mine in comparison (simply because I am so hard on myself). A gift. She is a gift to me, an encourager and confidant. I pray we might find our way, God's path for our little ones, that His love be our guide and our compass and His salvation the end to all our means.
So, I resolve, perfection is not possible no matter how hard I might attempt to plan, prepare, and train myself to be a homeschooling mother. Rather, I find joy and hope in the grace, mercy and flexibility of our Lord as Justin and I venture to put into place Deut. 6 with our home and bring our children up unto Him.
You still might find me planning, preparing, and organizing this adventure, but I rest in knowing all is well with my Soul no matter how the road turns.

GIFTS
201. Sisters in Christ to travel the sometimes weary road
202. Afternoon visits sharing hopes, dreams and joys
203. Long naps with the little one tucked beneath my arm
204. Training children to love God and obey parents
205. Quiet nights alone with Daddy
206. Mothers of boys to encourage the hearts of moms
207. Crisp winter morning, seldom seen here in Phoenix
208. Finding the purple between the Pink and the Blue (Love and Respect)
209. Two year old prayers, tucked between sheets, words too young to fully hear
210. Boys pretend playing
211. Planning and the grace that comes when plans change
212. Starting fresh
213. His mercies New each morning
214. Powerful effects of prayers, lifted high
215. 100 days to forming a new habit
216. And always working, bending, and building daddy
217. Finding something lost







No comments:

Post a Comment