My First Monday of Gifts

I decided to take the Gift Challenge today.  Something in me stirred as I read another woman's Monday Confessions of God's Gifts.  It was almost like God thrust me forward and I instantly felt compelled to pour out my heart about Him.  I've been blogging about my children and my family.  Often expressing both the joys and frustrations I encounter from day to day as a mother, spouse, daughter, and friend.  I would need to confess now that I've held back come when it comes to my family blog.  I've written with consideration for what one might think when reading it.  And although often candid and honest I know deep down not nearly as honest as I could be.  Today marks a new day.  God revealed to me that blogging about my family and my children is beautiful.  But, nothing is more beautiful that what I am expriencing with Him.  I long to leave my children a legacy but I realize now that can only be done if I walk more intimately with Him.  I can only guide them, encourage them, serve them and equip them for this wonderful life if I am pouring myself into my Father, my God.  It has been a process really, my discovering of this in a true way.  Our pastor has been telling us for months that we, as humans, tend to make something good the ultimate, replacing our worship for the Lord.  I struggled to admit that I was doing this with my children and my family.  Although they are precious, wonderful, and gifts from the Lord, they should not be my ultimate.  He should.  Plain and simple.  I don't mean for them to be my ultimate, I love my God.  But, with an honest heart I can say they have been the thing (surprisingly) keeping from a deeper relationship with God.  The things (babies) He gave me, the little lives He blessed me with have interfered in my walk with God.  So, my quest has begun.  To find the path to a deeper relationship with Christ.  Then to infuse that relationship into my children, my husband, and my circle of life.  I desire to be moving closer to the center of what God has designed for our lives rather than being comfortable on the rim.  I want to be a greater woman of character, integrity and passion.  I do not know what the road will hold as I begin to travel.  I know the enemy will attempt to fight me off.  Truthfully though, I don't scare easily!  With my whole heart I want to be transparent from the inside out on this journey.  I know it might offend, scare, bore, or inspire others and I'm prepared for that.
 
If you desire to join me on the journey and take the Gifts Challenge...let me know, I'd love to travel with you!

My First Two Gifts
1. That God whispers to us in our most noisy moments
2. The sparkling image of God in an infant innocent eyes (my daughter showed me that one today).

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment