Be Still

Projects from At The Well:

To be still.

Are you like me? Move, move, move. Go, go, go. My feet rarely stop moving from the moment I get out of bed until I lay my head on my pillow. This is exhausting! Also, I think that I do this sometimes because I feel that I have to take care of things, I have to get things done. If I don’t, then who will? What will happen?

During especially busy or stressful times in my life, I am continually reminding myself of my need to be still before the Lord. Psalm 46 is titled God Is Our Fortress. It starts by saying, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

The Psalm continues and includes this little line, tucked in near the end, “Be still, and know that I am God.”

Most recently when I was reading this I thought about how when I am moving, moving, moving and getting things, I seemingly accomplish the tasks set before me in my own effort. However, sometimes when we are still we allow God to work and we get to see first hand His wonderful works and know that He is God.

Is there a situation in your life that you have been trying and trying to resolve with no progress? Could it possibly be an opportunity to be still and witness God do amazing things?

Be still with me this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment