Love for the Long Haul- One Thousand Gifts

I love my husband...

He stands tall for Christ...

Works hard for his family...

Battles the inevitable struggle between work and home with patience and a quiet spirit...

He loves greatly...

Serves honestly...

Often puts himself last...

Loves comes easy...whispers sweetly in the quiet moments we have together...

I trust him...give our life to him...

The long pause comes in the question as to whether or not he FEELS my love...

Do I show my love..

Consider him in the things I do...

Serve him the way I serve the children...

What do the quiet moments look like?

Respect is a word that is difficult to achieve...it seems for me. It comes easy when times are easy and is much harder when the trust must be deeper...the falling could be harder...the risk with the children graver...

Emotionally I feel love for him, supreme respect for the life he gives to us and the giving he does for us...showing him must take a higher priority.

I found a few wonderful things to consider from Focus on the Family:






  • becoming better listeners;
  • taking responsibility for our actions and feelings;
  • avoiding blame;
  • being more affectionate and considerate;
  • becoming partners in parenting;
  • respecting each other's differences;
  • supporting each other in extended family conflicts;
  • praying individually and as a couple;
  • journaling feelings individually;
  • placing a priority on time together;
  • submitting to God as their authority;
  • being proactive in keeping the Love Alive.
  • Be Attentive
  • Be Available
  • Be Aware
  • Be Appreciative

If we pray to become more selfless, and Selflessness has to start with turning to Jesus. What better time is there? Jesus didn't wait till we became more kind or thoughtful before He died for us. He did it while we were still selfish and uncaring. This same extraordinary kind of love, shown in small acts of generous behavior, will improve your marriage. You may feel overwhelmed. Admit it to God, then my weakness becomes a conduit for divine strength.




In an effort to express my thankfulness and the gifts that embody my husband that I might feel compelled to Show Him my LOVE and in turn sacrificially love Him.

Gifts--A Husband Who...

276. Washes Dishes
277. Night time bed routine with the kids
278. Daddy's night time stories
279. Playing Rough House even after a LONG day
280. Gives sweet, honest Compliments
281. Working hard and playing with us harder
282. Tender hugs (even if briefly)
283. Watches a show late into the night
284. Prepares Candled baths
285. Cleans up Dinner
286. has Flexibility
287. has Passion
288. Serves the King
289. Raises Arrows
290. Brews fresh tea
291. Loves his friends
292. Serves others
293. has Vision
294. Provides
295. is Trustworthy
296. is Loving
297. is Kind and Generous
298. is Sensitive yet Strong
299. Loves adventure
300. Loves New

The reality is the list could continue for some time. God has blessed me with an amazing partner even though I never deserved it.  I am thankful for His love for me and our children is guiding me to the right spouse.  I only hope to be a great partner, girlfriend, and love for him.




No comments:

Post a Comment