Quiet Thoughts

Rising again from a busy week, which seems to set the soul under something heavy, I'm grasping for some sanctuary, sanity, rest for the soul. The rush of going and coming from days past has put my heart at a heavy pace in which I fear I might not recover.

Slowly the rising comes...the sleep in my eyes falls away peeling a sort of "new" breath into my lungs...

The day is filled with sunshine, laughter, errands (again with the going and coming), and the feeding of the littles...

Their wet dripping bodies, sleek in the sun, and slender small radiate a joy as their daddy sweat to build the pool they've been asking for.

He build dreams, labors love, hours long, in the sun with not much accolade except that of thrilled and squealing children.

God is good...

Peace like a river flows...

His Grace and Mercies are new each day...

Small are His gifts to us as we watch them grow...

These words sum up this lazy, yet busy, Saturday afternoon:




I hope my children look back on today
and see a parent who had time to play
There will be years for cleaning and cooking
But, children grow up when we're not looking



No comments:

Post a Comment